CRISTINA D. VIANNA-SOARES
Undergraduated in Pharmacy (Industry emphasis) at University of Minas Gerais (1989), obtained the title of master in Pharmaceuticals and medicine from the University of São Paulo (1993) and PhD in Pharmaceutics by Temple University, Philadelphia, USA (2000). She is currently a post-doctoral researcher at Dr. Peter W. Carr’s Lab and works as an associate professor at the Pharmaceutical Department of the Faculty of Pharmacy of University of Minas Gerais. Experienced in quality control analysis of medicines at institutions such as the Foundation Ezequiel Dias (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais), The pharmaceutical State Laboratory of Pernambuco (Recife, PE) and Colgate-Palmolive (Osasco, SP). Works with quality control of medicinal products and cosmetics, especially in development of HPLC analytical methods, ultraviolet (conventional, derived) or visible spectrophotometry, dissolution profile assessment for pharmaceutical equivalence studies; polymorphism; stability of drugs. Research interest in microbiological assessment of pharmaceuticals, analyses of plant extracts, characterization techniques such as infrared spectroscopy, thermal analysis, x-ray diffraction, particle size by laser diffraction, comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatography.
‘Comprehensive two-dimension liquid chromatography application in pharmaceuticals’
2103-2014: Dr. Peter W. Carr’s Lab, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55455, MN, USA
‘Design and application of acrylate polymeric packing material for use in Size Exclusion Chromatography’.
1996-2000: School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
M.Sc. Manufacture and Control of Pharmaceuticals
'Derivative Ultraviolet Spectrophotometric Determination of Saccharin in Pharmaceuticals'.
1990-1993: School of Pharmacy, University of São Paulo (FCF/USP), São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
B.S. Pharmacy - Industry emphasis
1985-1989: School of Pharmacy, Federal University of Minas Gerais (FAFAR/UFMG), Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
1993-present: Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Products, Federal University of Minas Gerais (FAFAR/UFMG), Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil.
· Lecturing and laboratory of courses ‘Quality Control of Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Products’ for Pharmacy undergraduate students; ‘Instrumental Methods for Quality Control of Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Products’ for graduate students in the following activities:
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate students in curricular/extra-curricular training programs, monographies and thesis;
- Research or teaching project grants and coordination;
- Method development using zero order or and derivative ultraviolet/visible spectrophotometry, infra-red spectrometry, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), size exclusion chromatography (SEC), solid phase extraction, volumetric assays with visual or potentiometric end point detection, physical and physical-chemical methodos applied in solid/liquid dosage forms, pharmaceutical equivalence tests.
- Biosafety, statistical process control;
- Knowledge of thermal analysis (DSC, TG/DTG)
1998-2000: Research Assistant, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
· Research project development in the investigation of acrylate polymers suitability for the separation of different range of molecular weight compounds by SEC;
· Synthesis and packing of stationary phases;
· Evaluation of porosity, pore volume and pore size distribution using gas sorption (NSA) and porosimetry (MIP) analyses techniques.
1996-1998: Teaching Assistant, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
· Supervision of undergraduate Pharmacy students in classroom and laboratory with calculations and in the preparation of pharmaceutical preparations;
· Assistance to Pharm. D. students in the computer laboratory with the HBS program, helpful for filing patient information, medical history, and counseling guidance in the retail pharmacy;
1992: Colgate-Palmolive Laboratories, Osasco, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
· Microbiological and physical-chemical analyses in cosmetics as shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes; mouthwashes using the plaque method under laminar flow. Analytical characterization of distilled deionized water through wet chemical and microbiological methods;
· GMP/GLP/SOP compliance application.
Publications (last 5 years)
1- Marques-Marinho, F.D.; Freitas, B. D.; Zanon, J.C.C.; Lima, A.A. ; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Development and Validation of a RP-HPLC Method for Simvastatin Capsules. Current Pharmaceutical Analysis, v. 9, p. 2-12, 2013.
2- Costa, A.L.O.; Eneas, P.C.R. ; Miranda, T.A.; Mingoti, S.A.; Vianna-Soares, C.D..; Pianetti, G.A. In vitro dissolution kinetic for mycophenolic acid derivatives tablets. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (online), v. XX, p. 1-5, 2013.
3- Marques-Marinho, F.D.; Santos, A.l.; Zanon, J.C.C.; Reis, I.A.; Lima, A.A.; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Simvastatin Assay and Dissolution Studies by Feasible RP-HPLC in Tablets. Química Nova, v. 35, p. 1233-1238, 2012.
4- Ruela, J.C.; Vianna-Soares, C.D..; Salgado, H.R.N. Development and validation of dissolution test for fluconazole capsules by HPLC and derivative UV spectrophotometry. Chromatography Research International, v. 8, p. 1-5, 2012.
5-Ruela, J.C.; Reichmann, C.; Vianna-Soares, C.D...; Salgado, H.R.N.. Performance characteristics of high performance liquid chromatography, first order derivative UV spectrophotometry and bioassay for fluconazole determination in capsules. Química Nova (Impresso), v. 35, p. 530-534, 2012.
6-Ruela, J.C.; Reichmann, C.; Vianna-Soares, C.D.; Salgado, H.R.N.. Stability study of fluconazole applying validated bioassay and stability-indicating LC methods. Journal of Analytical & Bioanalytical Techniques, v. 1, p. 1-3, 2012.
7- Silva, T.D.; Oliveira, M.A.; Oliveira, R. B.; Vianna-Soares, C.D.... Development and Validation of a Simple and Fast HPLC Method for Determination of Lovastatin, Pravastatin and Simvastatin. Journal of Chromatographic Science, v. 00, p. 1-8, 2012.
8- Marques-Marinho, F.D.; Diniz, M. M. L.; Reis, I.A.; Zanon, J.C.C.; Reis, I.A.; Lima, A.A.; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Influência da temperatura em estudos de dissolução de formas farmacêuticas contendo sinvastatina. Revista Brasileira de Farmácia / Brazilian Journal of Pharmacy, v. 93, p. 38-42, 2012.
9- Yoshida, M.I.; Lima Gomes, E.C.; Vianna Soares, C.D.; Oliveira, M.A.Thermal behavior study and decomposition kinetics of amiodarone hydrochloride under isothermal conditions. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, v. 37, p. 638-647, 2011.
10- Yoshida, M.I.; Oliveira, M.A.; Gomes, E.C.L.; Mussel, W.N.; Castro, W.V.; Soares, C.D.V. Thermal characterization of lovastatin in pharmaceutical formulations. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, v. 106, p. 657-664, 2011.
11- Marques-Marinho, F.D.; Zanon, J.C.C.; Sakurai, E.; Reis, I.A.; Lima, A.A.; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Quality evaluation of simvastatin compounded capsules. RBCF. Revista Brasileira de Ciências Farmacêuticas (Cessou em 2008. Cont. ISSN 1984-8250 Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences), v. 47, p. 495-502, 2011.
12- Freitas, M. B.; Lages, E. B.; Gonçalves, I. M. B.; Vianna-Soares, C. D.; Ferreira, L. A. M.; Oliveira, R. B.. Development and Characterization of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles Containing Metronidazole Analogue for Treatment of Solid Tumors. Fármacos & Medicamentos, v. 65, p. 18-18, 2011.
13-Oliveira, M.A.; Gomes, E.C.L.; Mussel, W.N.; Vianna-Soares, C.D.; Cunha, A.F.; Pianetti, G.A.; Yoshida, M.I.. Caracterização térmica aplicada à caracterização da sinvastatina em formulações farmacêuticas.. Química Nova (Impresso), v. 33, p. 1653-1657, 2010.
14- Silva, T.D.; Arantes. V. T.; Resende, J.A.L.C.; Speziali, N.L.; Oliveira, R.B.; Vianna-Soares, C. D.. Preparation and Characterization of Solid Dispersion of Simvastatin. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (Print), v. 36, p. 1348-1355, 2010.
15- Alves, P.D.; Nunan, E.A.; Brandão, M.G.L.; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Chromatographic evaluation and antimicrobial activity of Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss., Meliaceae) leaves hydroalcoholic extracts. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia, v. 19, p. 510-515, 2009.
16- Vianna-Soares, C. D.; Campos, L.M.M.; Marques-Marinho, F.D.; Carmo, V.A.S.. Avaliação da qualidade de pantoprazol cápsulas manipuladas gastro-resistentes. Acta Farmaceutica Bonaerense, v. 28, p. 899-906, 2009
17- Marques, F.D.; Lages, G.P.; Vianna-Soares, C.D.; Campos, L.M.M Desenvolvimento de método por titulação ácido-base para o controle analítico da matéria-prima pantoprazol sódico sesquiidratado. Revista Brasileira de Farmácia, v. 89, p. 35-38, 2008.
18- Nery, C.G.C. ;Pires, M.A.S.; Pianetti, G.A.; Vianna-Soares, C.D. Caracterização do fármaco hipoglicemiante glibenclamida. RBCF. Revista Brasileira de Ciências Farmacêuticas, v. 44, p. 61-73, 2008.
19- César, I.C.; Braga, F.C.; Vianna-Soares, C.D..; Nunan, E.A; Pianetti, G.A., Campos, L.M.M. Quantitation of genistein and genistin in soy dry extracts by uv-visible spectrophotometric method. Química Nova, v. 31, p. 1933-1936, 2008.