University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

Go to unit's home page.

Termination/Transfer Checklist

The following check list is to aid employees leaving the Department of Chemistry. Our goal is to make your transition from the Department as smooth as possible.

Written Notice: Submit a written notice of termination or transfer to your advisor/supervisor and copy by e-mail to:

  • Department of Chemistry Front Office: Tanya Becker (
  • Department payroll coordinator: Ta'Meika Jackson (

    The letter and email should include the following information:

  • Date of last day of employment at University of Minnesota
  • Contact information at your new destination/employer, please include your e-mail address

Forwarding Mail:

  • Please file a change of address with the United States Postal Office with up-to-date mailing address. The Department will make an effort for a limited time to forward first class mail.


  • If you are working here on a J-1, H-1B, or F1-OPT visa: notify Chris Lundby: ( and the International Student and Scholars Office (ISSS): ( that you are leaving the University of Minnesota.
  • If you are working on a F1 visa, follow these procedures as per ISSS: (
  • Update your address. Questions? Call ISSS at 612-626-7100.

Update Personal Information on MyU:

  • Update your personal information (My Info link), as it will affect payroll mailings and student/staff directory listings. Be sure to do this so year-end tax information is sent to you. Go to: (

Email Account:  If this is a termination of service from the University:

Keys/Controlled Access:  Return all Chemistry Department keys to the Chemistry Front Office, Smith Hall 139.

Procurement/Purchasing Card (P-Card) Issued by the University:

  • _____ Yes   _____ No            Do you have a University Procurement/Purchasing Card (P-Card)?  Return cards to Finance and Payroll Services, Smith Hall 141.
  • Access to UMN secured systems will be terminated.

Purchase orders/Invoices:

  • _____ Yes   _____ No            Do you have any pending purchase orders/outstanding invoices that need to be cleared up before you leave?  Please send an e-mail to (

Office/Laboratory Space & Equipment - Consult with your adviser/supervisor or research group lab safety officer regarding but not limited to the following:

  • _____ Retention of documents/files
  • _____ Chemicals/hazardous waste related to your work/projects.
  • Helpful resource for questions:


  • _____ Yes   _____ No            Do you have a private department phone line with voicemail? 

  • If yes, leave a voice message informing callers that you are no longer taking calls at this number and referring them to the Chemistry main line (612-624-6000) for assistance.

Borrowed Materials/Equipment:

  • Return borrowed materials and/or equipment to the Department, University Libraries, Media Resources, etc.

Parking, Bus Pass and Bike Locker Cancellation:

  • Contact Parking and Transportation Services to cancel parking contacts, bus pass, or bike locker rentals at 612-626-7275 or (