University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota

Go to chemistry home page.

Questions regarding General Chemistry or Organic Chemistry courses please email or stop by 115 Smith Hall or call (612)624-0026.


The University of Minnesota offers the Chemistry Degree through both the College of Science and Engineering and the College of Liberal Arts. To learn more about the differences go to our site entitled Curriculum. We also offer a Chemistry Minor.

Current students, who have declared Chemistry as their major, should go to the Scholarships link to apply for the Chemistry Scholarships after the first of the year. The deadline is March 15. Awards will be presented at the Recognition Reception in May. We also encourage our majors to do research and to apply for summer support.

If you have further questions about the B.A. and the B.S. in Chemistry Degrees, or the Minor in Chemistry:

Or write to:

Chemistry Advising Office
Undergraduate Operations
135 Smith Hall
207 Pleasant Street S.E.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455